I do love lists - creating them, completing tasks, crossing off and then starting a new list. When journaling, this is also something I do more often than not. And don't get me started on the sub-lists that follow! This is a sort of compulsion of mine. Lists. If I write it down, there's a connection made for me. Getting ideas and thoughts onto the page help keep me centered and organized. So, how about seventeen things for 2017?
1. My word for the year is Intention. I mentioned it in my last blog post: testing, one two. Do you choose a guiding word based on your goals? I'd love to hear yours!
2. As part of my plan to become intentional this year I'm planning to post here at least once a week (or every 2, at the min). I may adopt the "5 things Friday" weekly post that blogger Garden Betty offers as inspiration. If you haven't checked her out yet, you may like her offerings.
3. Workshops! I want to do more with you, friends! I'm offering a $20 discount using promo code: WINTER2017 for those that want to get a better handle on their dSLR camera. Check out my Workshops offerings and then contact me to set up a date. (discount is valid winter2017 only).
4. I booked a camping trip for the family and I to visit Button Bay State Park, Vermont this summer. I love camping with the family in the great outdoors. This will be the girls first "real" camping trip - tenting it. Any good tips on VT for me, please let me know!
5. Read any good books lately?! If so, I'm always up for suggestions! My Amazon wish list runneth over. I found more great suggestions here: 70 BOOKS TO MAKE YOU HOPEFUL.
6. I'm currently reading Simon Sinek's START WITH WHY. And, THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE by Audrey Niffenegger. Have you read either? Or both? I just finished reading WHILE I WAS GONE by Sue Miller (what a Page Turner!! love her voice/style).
7. This January, my family and I have visited Nolde Forest State Park more than last. We have been trying to get there every weekend for a hike. Both Kurt and I want to keep this on our family to-do list, creating a new healthy habit for us and the girls.
8. Did I tell you that I joined Instagram? Yes. Finally, I know. Are you there? If so, please reach out and connect with me: @my3girlsphotography This is all new to me, and so far, it's been fun!
9. My Alanna (11) was diagnosed with Crohn's disease last summer. We gave our best go at fighting this damned thing naturally, without medicine, and with the fabulous guidance of our Holistic Health Coach, Mauree Kai, however, it wasn't enough. We are now seeing GI specialists at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and beginning treatments, plus a nutritional therapy plan prescribed by their finest doctors. All will be well. We have every confidence that Alanna will be in remission and heal her beautiful colon. I have SO MUCH new respect for the body's colon since going through this. Take good care of your colon, friends. It is definitely taking care of you!
10. I want to photograph more kiddos this year. I have a new plan that I will be implementing. Here's hoping the plan succeeds. More to come on this...
11. I want to shoot more lifestyle family sessions this year. If you are reading this and want to have a portrait session with me; are willing to invite me into your home; are willing to be featured on my blog; and can make a date with me before spring, than I can offer you a promo discount code: WINTERDEAL which takes $100 off my session offerings. Shh, don't tell everyone about this offer! This is just for YOU. :)
12. This year, 2017, is full of promise. I do love a new year; a new 12 months to hope and plan for. This summer I'll be running my Busy Bees Summer Camp for Girls again! I'm working on the projects, keeping a journal of ideas. I so loved this opportunity getting to know many new friends last year and I'm really excited to plan for this coming!!!
13. I worked on the "bugs" effecting my email subscribers. I am sorry about that cryptic message you received last week. I am hopeful there won't be any further delays - (fingers crossed!). I do so appreciate you - I hope you all used your gifts from last January!!! Remember that?
14. I'm enjoying this new blog platform. Like anything new, it takes me some time to get acquainted and familiar with the "newness" of it all, but ... I'm a quick study. Thanking my parents, and my creator for that one! ;)
15. Speaking of blogging - I love your comments, friends. Your notes here are like the cherries-on-top after all the work involved in putting a post together, to receive a comment is like receiving a big hug from you! So, please, send me some hugs!!! :) I do love hugs.
16. I had some fun reading over my Sixteen Things for 2016. Number 1, 6, 8 were all successes. Number 7 was a complete fail. And I play with number 16 again and again (it's a love-hate relationship, I tell you).
17. I am grateful you stuck with me and kept reading through my list for 2017. This was a reaffirming way of putting some ideas out there, into the universe. I'd love to hear some of your list, if you care to share, leave me a HUG for 2017!!! And away we go, friends!! Let's make this another year of growth, healing and shared kindnesses towards one another. I'm in!! Big HUGS!!!